Pre-Conference Workshop (Optional)
Creating Opportunities with Service Design
Monday, May 10, 2021
- 2:00 - 5:00pm (Eastern)
- Cost per person: $50
***Registration is closed***
Opportunities are all around us. What we knew as normal has been turned upside down by the covid pandemic. Remote teaching and working quickly went from something some of us do to how most of us have worked for over a year. What we felt was secure and stable has been shaken and challenges abound. By taking the opportunity to learn from what we have collectively been through and revisit and reflect on the way we do things, we can develop services that are more inclusive and adaptable to new and dynamic environments.
“Service design allows for a holistic and systemic look at the various systems that make a library function.” In this hands-on workshop, we’ll get a quick start on what service design is, what services are and can be, and explain and illustrate the service design mindset. We’ll also work with some service design tools and discuss how to adapt and use service design in your library instruction planning and program development. This workshop promises to be fun and filled with lots of information on how to identify services in need of changes and how to “see” the world through the service design lens.
Typically, pre-confererence workshops have anywhere from 15-30 attendees. As such, they are able to have significant amount of interactivity.
- Define and understand the service design methodology
- Understand the basics of the service design methodology and tools in order to determine if it is a good match for your library instruction planning and assessment
- Learn best practices for employing a service design project in order to implement an effective project of your own and avoid common pitfalls.
Payment can be made via check, Visa or Mastercard.
- Mail payment by check to: LOEX ; 4007 Carpenter Rd #357; Ypsilanti MI 48197
- To pay with a credit card by phone, call 734-340-2653
- To pay with a credit card online, use this online form.